1. a string of phrases — from a poem? a e book? a track? a stranger? — that appear to carry you collectively for the subsequent hour or so. typically the string is all you want, strung by way of the guts, to sew up a chunk of it.
2. these months of sunshine, of a by no means ending stream of locations to go and folks to like, holding fingers and arms round shoulders, the place every thing flowed and the ache didn’t unfold, was by no means malicious. there was a mattress to sleep in and a house that was yours and there was a lot daylight, each day led to a sunburn. you'll poke at your pink face in delight earlier than dashing off elsewhere, breathless. that is the one proof you could have recently that it might and can occur once more.
three. from time to time, i get away dancing in my kitchen within the reckless means i used to solely do if i shut all of the blinds.
four. you’ll pop up in my messages from time to time, as if nothing occurred. we speak as if there isn’t miles between us. actually. metaphorically. we speak to disguise the truth that our lives have taken new, terrifying, heart-opening turns. we speak to bridge the hole of the unfamiliar. it really works till i dream about you and notice that is the sort of hope that offers hope a nasty title.
5. there are a couple of mornings the place you get up with solely a 25 pound weight in your chest as a substitute of the same old 100. days when your sleep schedule goes to plan and also you spend as a lot time transferring as doable since you’ll die like a shark when you cease transferring. however transferring feels easy. when you possibly can’t think about another, that transferring might not all the time really feel easy. when the air feels sort. if you don’t take into consideration the heavy components as a lot. when you possibly can sit with the heavy components.
6. from time to time, i’ll get a message from another person within the midst of it. i’m by no means comfortable to listen to that another person is struggling, however there’s a type of solidarity there that i cling to till i’m white knuckled as a result of i've to. the choice is simply too scary.
7. a second, a pure, arresting second — a sundown within the automotive with a buddy, a cat in your lap, a hug from a stranger, flowers in a vase, a flickering of a dim mild inside your throat the place it’s been darkish for thus lengthy. simply lengthy sufficient to recollect what it seems like. simply lengthy sufficient to let it in.