I’m not sure if love is blind, but it’s definitely hilarious at times. You just have to look at it from the right perspective.
And from funny to silly to downright corny, you can’t deny that the best love puns are sure to make you smile.
When you enter into a committed relationship, you’re two (usually) imperfect human beings trying to understand yourselves, each other, and the world as best as you can. Not to mention you have the added pressure of understanding each other as parts of a whole.
So sometimes, using these sweet and funny relationship puns might be the perfect way to get your feelings across!
Mistakes are bound to happen between two honest people who love each other and are making an effort to sustain the bond. Due to that inevitable reality, it’s important to not take everything so seriously. Otherwise, your relationship dies out with your sanity.
Humor is good for bonding and for dealing with stressful situations. And, of course, for a compatible relationship, two people must know each other’s unique personalities and views.
Whether you use them for cute card ideas for your Valentine's Day gifts, punny Instagram captions, or as funny texts for your partner, find the perfect funny love pun guaranteed to make you giggle.
These love puns about marriage are completely engaging.
76 Funny Love Puns For People In (and Out of) Relationships
1. "It was an emotional wedding. Even the cake was in tiers."
2. "To some, marriage is a word. To others, a sentence."
3. "When the TV repairman got married, the reception was excellent."
4. "My wife tells me I'm a skeptic, but I don't believe a word she says."
5. "An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either."
6. "Too many girls think the word 'marriage' has a nice ring to it."
7. "Two florists got married. It was an arranged marriage."
8. "Some men view marriage as a matter of wife and debt."
9. "Too many little digs sends a marriage to an early grave."
10. "A bartender’s marriage was on the rocks, so he took a cheap shot."
11. "The bride’s best friend is so proud, she’s practically made of honor."
12. "He tried to get her to marry him, to no a-veil."
13. "A husband who thinks he’s as solid as a rock may have a wife who wishes he were a little boulder."
14. "When he proposed to her, she found it very engaging."
These 'I love you' food puns are absolutely delicious!
15. "What do you call a melon that's not allowed to get married? Cantelope."
16. "What did the butcher say to his girlfriend? 'Don’t go bacon my heart!'"
17. "You and I make a great pear. I cherry-ish you."
18. “I doughnut want to glaze over the fact that I love you a hole lot.”
19. "Sorry if this is extra cheesy, but you have a pizza my heart."
20. "I love you s’more and s’more every day."
21. "The time we spend together is like a hot dog: I relish it."
22. "You’re my butter half."
23. "I love you from my head tomatoes!"
24. "You’ve got me wonton more!"
25. "We’re like hot cocoa and marshmallows. You’re hot, and I wanna be on you!"
26. "I love you a latte. Words cannot espresso how much you mean to me."
27. "I know I’m kind of a hopeless ramen-tic, but I just wanted to say I love you—like pho real."
28. "Olive you berry much!"
These cute and romantic love puns will have you saying, "Aww!"
29. "The two pianists had a good marriage. They were always in a chord."
30. "When a psychic showed me the girl I’ll marry, it was love at second sight."
31. "Two cannonballs got married and had BBs."
32. "Black widow to mate: I met my last husband on the web."
33. "A janitor with a broom in hand swept her off her feet."
34. "She didn’t marry the gardener. Too rough around the hedges."
35. "He often played the violin with his wife, but she never played second fiddle."
36. "I can never stay mad at you — but I will always stay mad about you."
37. "What did the zero say to the one? 'Without you, I’m nothing.'”
38. "Are you a succulent? Because aloe you vera much."
39. "You must be peanut butter, ‘cause you make my heart jelly!"
40. "What did one ghost say to the other? Hey boo-tiful!"
You'll need some crackers to go with these cheesy love puns.
41. "My boyfriend and I started dating after he backed his car into mine. We met by accident."
42. "They were a fastidious couple: She was fast, and he was tedious."
43. "A girl and her boyfriend went to a party dressed as a barcode. They were an item."
44. "My girlfriend once gave me a valentine made of soft leather. What a suede heart."
45. "I went to prom with a broken leg. During the slow dances, my date could tell that I had a crutch on her."
46. "The triangle relationship soon became a wreck-tangle."
47. "They were married by candlelight but the marriage only lasted a wick."
These pick-up puns will practically lift you off your feet.
48. "Helicopter rescue pilots have the most successful pick-up lines."
49. "Have you ever wondered why baseball players get girlfriends? They’re great at hitting it off."
50. "When a knight was courting his lady, he wore a suit of amour."
51. "Is your name Autumn? Because I'm totally fall-ing for you."
52. "You can donate blood to me any time because you’re just my type."
53. "Are you a geologist? Because you rock my world."
54. "You light my fire — you must be my perfect match."
55. 'I like your sweater. Is it made out of boyfriend material?"
Some romantic animal puns that are so bear-y adorable:
56. "Let’s spend some koala-ty time together."
57. "I’m not kitten when I say you’re the cat’s meow."
58. "I whale dolphinately always love you. It's my life's porpoise."
Related Stories From YourTango:
59. "Just thought I otter tell you how much could gopher a kiss right now."
60. "No bunny compares to you."
61. "Owl always love you. You're a hoot!"
There's nothing like these scientifically-tested nerdy love puns to get a laugh out of your crush:
62. "Two fonts, Arial and Calibri, were in the midst of a bad breakup. Calibri said, ‘I’m sorry, your personality is too bold.’ Arial responded, ‘You’re just not my type.’"
63. "Instead of engaging in my own hobbies, my wife has me constantly helping in her garden. I guess you could say I’m pistil whipped."
64. "Two nuclear technicians got married. She was radiant, and he was glowing."
65. "Why did the proton blush? It was positively attracted to the electron."
66. "When his wife asked for wooden walls in the basement, they had a panel discussion."
67. "You auto-complete me."
68. "I love you to ∞."
69. "Are you copper and tellurium? Because you are Cu-Te!"
70. "You’re wi-fi material."
71. "If you were a triangle, you’d be acute one!"
72. "You’re my player two."
These cute puns are a sweet way to tell someone you just adore them ... and also make them cringe:
73. "You make my heart erupt like a volcano. What I’m trying to say is I lava you. Sorry if I’m gushing."
74. "I’ve ‘bean’ thinking about you a latte."
75. "You’re my swole mate. This relationship is really … working out."
76. "Are you a lightbulb? Because you light up my life!"
More for You on YourTango:
Kristen Droesch is a writer/editor and librarian-in-progress.