Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was born on September 4, 1981, and as she turning 40 on her upcoming birthday, she's still one of the most talented artists out there.
Our collection of the best Beyoncé quotes about life, love and music listed below prove she more than deserves her title of Queen Bee (or Queen Bey as her Beyhive loves to call her).
Starting out in the best-selling girl group Destiny’s Child, Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams rose to fame in the late '90s, before officially disbanding in 2006. In 2003, Beyoncé began her solo career during the group's hiatus, and has been releasing chart-topping music empowering people everywhere ever since.
Proving how powerful this strong woman has become, Beyoncé’s net worth is reported to have reached approximately $400 to $500 million, and she's earned herself a total of 28 Grammys so far.
Beyoncé has changed the music industry and influenced many artists. Her music and live performances have helped to empower not only women but also Black communities around the world.
Fans and non-fans can agree that no one should talk ill of Beyoncé and that she deserves every ounce of respect. She's someone who's not afraid to speak what’s on her mind and strives to make sure people understand she is a human first and a singer second.
People around the world idolize Beyoncé because she's never afraid to speak the truth. She's gone through so much in her life, such as dealing with her husband Jay-Z cheating on her and a miscarriage, that most people can’t help but respect her and relate to her, just as we're sure you'll relate to Beyoncé's best quotes and song lyrics about love, life and more.
75 Best Beyoncé Quotes and Song Lyrics
Beyoncé Quotes About Love
1. “If you are with the right person, it brings out the best version of you.” — Beyoncé Knowles
Photo: DFree / Shutterstock
2. “There’s definitely a dangerous feeling when you’re in love. It’s giving your heart to someone else and knowing that they have control over your feelings.” — Beyoncé Knowles
3. “Still all up on each other, ain't a damn thing change / My girls can't tell me nothing, I'm gone in the brain.” — Beyoncé Knowles, "Countdown"
4. “I’ll be there for you if somebody hurts you even if that somebody is me.” — Beyoncé Knowles
5. “I swore I’d never fall again but this don’t even feel like falling.” — Beyoncé Knowles
6. “True love breathes salvation back into me.” — Beyoncé Knowles
7. “You are my life/My happiest moments weren't complete/If you weren't by my side/You're my relation/In connection to the sun/With you next to me/There's no darkness I can't overcome/You are my raindrops/I am a seed.” — Beyoncé Knowles, "Dangerously In Love"
8. “Love is an endless act of forgiveness. Forgiveness is me giving up the right to hurt you for hurting me.” — Beyoncé Knowles
9. “Love is so blind it feels right when it's wrong.” — Beyoncé Knowles
10. “I’m a human being and I fall in love and sometimes I don't have control of every situation.” — Beyoncé Knowles
11. “This baby has made me love him more than I ever thought I could love another human being. It's just that I love him so much that we almost feel like one. I don't know how to describe it.” — Beyoncé Knowles
12. “The way that you know what I thought I knew/It's the beat my heart skips when I'm with you/But I still don't understand/Just how your love can do what no one else can.” — Beyoncé Knowles, "Crazy In Love"
13. “Cause your love got the best of me, and baby you’re making a fool of me. You got me sprung and I don’t care who sees, cause baby you got me so crazy.” — Beyoncé Knowles, "Crazy In Love"
14. “You know what, I'm very attracted to someone who makes me laugh and is that charming. Really, I could be charmed by anyone. I'm just a sucker for somebody that is charming.” — Beyoncé Knowles
15. “Hit me like a ray of sun / Burning through my darkest night / you’re the only one that I want / Think I’m addicted to your light.” — Beyoncé Knowles, "Halo"
Beyoncé Quotes About Family
16. “Being pregnant was very much like falling in love. You are so open. You are so overjoyed. There are no words that can express having a baby growing inside of you, so of course, you want to scream it out and tell everyone.” — Beyoncé Knowles
17. “You know, my mother and I are so close, and I always prayed that I would have that type of relationship with my daughter. And she’s still a baby, but the connection I had with her when I was giving birth was something that I’ve never felt before.” — Beyoncé Knowles
18. "I just want my child to be happy and healthy and have the opportunity to realize her dreams.” — Beyoncé Knowles
19. “I realized why I was born and more than anything all of the things I want to pass onto my child, and the best way of doing that is not by preaching or telling her but showing her by example.” — Beyoncé Knowles
20. “I felt like when I was having contractions, I envisioned my child pushing through a very heavy door. And I imagined this tiny infant doing all the work, so I couldn’t think about my own pain… We were talking. I know it sounds crazy, but I felt a communication.” — Beyoncé Knowles
21. “I have a lot of awards, and I have a lot of these things. And they’re amazing, and I worked my ass off. I worked harder than probably everybody I know to get those things. But nothing feels like my child saying, ‘Mommy!’ Nothing feels like when I look my husband in the eyes.” — Beyoncé Knowles
22. “I feel really, really just lucky that I can still do what I love, and now have a way bigger meaning. And that’s to be her mother.” — Beyoncé Knowles
23. “I'm enjoying being a mother. It's like going back to my old job; it's a little strange, but it's important that you don't lose yourself and you still have your own passions. And I'm back to work, I'm back to business." — Beyoncé Knowles
24. “Just because you become a mother, it doesn’t mean you lose who you are.” — Beyoncé Knowles
25. “It’s just such a beautiful time in my life to have a child and every day see something new and see her learn something new.” — Beyoncé Knowles
26. “I'm in a new chapter in my life, and I'm not even trying to be who I was. It's so beautiful that children do that to you." — Beyoncé Knowles
27. “Giving birth was one of my biggest fears, and having Blue forced me to face it. And now I recognize the strength I have. She teaches me to focus on the things that truly matter, like family, and to pay attention to each moment, because they go by so quickly.” — Beyoncé Knowles
28. “[My mom] is one of those people that you feel honored to meet. And no matter who you are, you fall in love with her because she is spiritual, she’s inspiring, she’s strong, she’s funny, she’s creative, she’s talented … she’s everything that I want to be.” — Beyoncé Knowles
29. “My mother always taught me to be strong and to never be a victim. Never make excuses. Never expect anyone else to provide for me things I know I can provide for myself.” — Beyoncé Knowles
30. “My mother was such a great mother and is still a big part of my life. I want my kids to feel that way about me.” — Beyoncé Knowles
Empowering Beyoncé Quotes About Confidence And Loving Yourself
31. “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.” — Beyoncé Knowles
32. “Take the time to define yourself and define your value. If you’re having a hard time doing that ask yourself: What is something I would say to someone I love?” — Beyoncé Knowles
33. “The more you mature, you realize that these imperfections make you more beautiful.” — Beyoncé Knowles
34. “Do what you were born to do. You have to trust yourself.” — Beyoncé Knowles
35. “My biggest thing is to teach not to focus on the aesthetic. It’s really about who you are, and the human being that makes you beautiful.” — Beyoncé Knowles
36. “We all have our imperfections. But I’m human, and you know, it’s important to concentrate on other qualities besides outer beauty.” — Beyoncé Knowles
37. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” — Beyoncé Knowles
38. “It is so liberating to really know what I want, what truly makes me happy, what I will not tolerate. I have learned that it is no one else’s job to take care of me but me.” — Beyoncé Knowles
39. “I embrace mistakes. They make you who you are.” — Beyoncé Knowles
40. “When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think.” — Beyoncé Knowles
41. “Don’t try to lessen yourself for the world; let the world catch up to you.” — Beyoncé Knowles
42. “I don’t have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.” — Beyoncé Knowles
43. “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” — Beyoncé Knowles
44. “I felt like it was time to set up my future, so I set a goal. My goal was independence.” — Beyoncé Knowles
45. “The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you’re never too good to lose. You’re never too big to lose. You’re never too smart to lose. It happens.” — Beyoncé Knowles
Beyoncé Quotes About Women
46. “The most alluring thing a woman can have is confidence.” — Beyoncé Knowles
47. “We have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.” — Beyoncé Knowles
48. “Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health, take time for self, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish.” — Beyoncé Knowles
49. “This goes out to all my girls/That’s in the club rocking the latest/Who will buy it for themselves and get more money later.” — Beyoncé Knowles, "Run The World (Girls)"
50. "I truly believe that women should be financially independent from their men. And let’s face it, money gives men the power to run the show. It gives men the power to define value. They define what’s sexy. And men define what’s feminine. It’s ridiculous.” — Beyoncé Knowles
51. “Any other woman who has to go to work and pick up the kids and make dinner – that’s way harder than what I have to do.” — Beyoncé Knowles
52. “You should be thinking about building your character and having fun. That’s all. It’s a celebration of curves and a celebration of women’s bodies.” — Beyoncé Knowles
53. “It’s important for women and men to see and appreciate the beauty in their natural bodies.” — Beyoncé Knowles
54. “I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything?” — Beyoncé Knowles
55. “A true diva is graceful, and talented, and strong, and fearless and brave and someone with humility.” — Beyoncé Knowles
56. “I am a woman and when I think, I must speak.” — Beyoncé Knowles
57. “You can be a businesswoman, a mother, an artist, and a feminist. Whatever you want to be and still be a sexual being it is not mutually exclusive.” — Beyoncé Knowles
58. “Humanity requires both men and women and we are equally important and need one another.” — Beyoncé Knowles
59. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” — Beyoncé Knowles
60. “Ran by the men, but the women keep the tempo/ It's very seldom, that you're blessed to find your equal.” — Beyoncé Knowles, "Upgrade U"
Beyoncé Quotes About Life
61. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” — Beyoncé Knowles
62. “It’s not about perfection. It’s about purpose.” — Beyoncé Knowles
63. “When I leave this world, I’ll leave no purpose.” — Beyoncé Knowles
64. “As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That’s how I’ve gotten to where I am.” — Beyoncé Knowles
65. “Take all the rules away. How can we live if we don’t change?” — Beyoncé Knowles
66. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” — Beyoncé Knowles
67. “The best thing is looking back and realizing how incredible life is. If you don’t take the time to think about or analyze your life you’ll never realize all the dots that are all connected.” — Beyoncé Knowles
68. “We all have our purpose, we all have our strengths.” — Beyoncé Knowles
69. “Stop making a big deal out of the little things.” — Beyoncé Knowles
70. “Perfection is the disease of a nation.” — Beyoncé Knowles
71. “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.” — Beyoncé Knowles
72. “I think it’s healthy for a person to be nervous. It means you care – that you work hard and want to give a great performance. You just have to channel that nervous energy into the show.” — Beyoncé Knowles
73. “To be able to travel the world, especially to places I never thought I’d be… it’s really, you know, still fascinating for me.” — Beyoncé Knowles
74. “If you don’t take the time to think about and analyze your life, you’ll never realize all the dots that are all connected.” — Beyoncé Knowles
75. “Enjoy your life. It’s short. That’s my message.” — Beyoncé Knowles
More for You on YourTango:
Isabell Tenorio is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture, love and relationship topics.