Happy anniversary! Whether you've been dating for a few years or are married to your best friend and lover for decades, it's time to celebrate the date you made your true love official with anniversary quotes in a sweet message.
No matter what year of marriage you're welcoming — your first year, 25th anniversary or 50th anniversary and beyond — an anniversary is a time to remember what it was like when you were first falling in love, knowing those lips you kissed would be the only ones you wanted for the rest of your life.
This is the time for the perfect message in the form of a sweet anniversary quote to show how much you care, appreciate, and love each other.
This is the moment where you express why you are your own favorite couple or reminisce about your wedding day. This is when you convey the message that your life is better with your other half by your side. And if you're more of a comedian, to bring your sense of humor into your message.
Your anniversary is a special time for couples, so no matter how you choose to celebrate this special marriage milestone, let your partner know just how much they mean to you. A wedding anniversary quote in an anniversary, card or a sweet message shared on social media, shows the person you love that they are still the light of your life, as well as your top priority.
Each couple has their own special anniversary traditions, and a gift doesn't have to come with a hefty price tag. Many people agree that receiving a heartfelt anniversary card or love note that captures your authentic feelings is all they need from the person they love.
It could be as simple as saying "I love you" or "I thank God for you every morning I wake up in your arms." Really, though, there are so many things you can say to each other. And if you're wishing a friend couple of yours, or even your mom and dad, a happy anniversary, say you're proud of how far they've come or how much they've grown together.
A handwritten note, quote posted on Facebook or Instagram, or sweet thought sent in a text on your special day could be the best anniversary gift your husband or wife has yet to receive. But if you're at a loss for words, or if a funny anniversary message is more your style, never fear.
These are the best anniversary quotes to help you say whatever captures your love and marriage best.
Best Happy Anniversary Quotes
1. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
2. “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.”
3. "I wish there was a word more than ‘love’ itself to convey what I feel for you." ― Faraaz Kazi
4. "As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change ... I will always keep falling in love with you." — Karen Clodfelder
5. “This special day is reserved just for you.”
6. “Here's to another love-filled year together.”
7. “Every day, continue to love each other more and more.”
8. “Here's wishing you another year of true love."
9. “For better or worse, I still choose you.”
10. "It’s easy to fall in love, but staying in love with the same person for the rest of one’s life is considerably more difficult. But we are doing it. Happy Anniversary!"
11. "Forever is a measure of time used by people who share an ordinary love. Our extraordinary love is immeasurable... for us, forever just won’t do." ― Steve Maraboli
Best Happy Anniversary Quotes for Her
12. "Grow old with me, the best is yet to be." — Robert Browning
13. "I will spend an eternity loving you, caring for you, respecting you, showing you every day that I hold you as high as the stars." ― Steve Maraboli
14. “Forever is a long time, but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side.” — He Is We, "I Wouldn't Mind"
15. "I want you for always... days, years, eternities." — Franz Schubert
16. "You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement." — F. Scott Fitzgerald
17. "The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along." — Rumi
18. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way” — Pablo Neruda
19. “Marrying you was the smartest thing I ever did.”
20. “You're as beautiful today as you were on our wedding day.”
21. “Another year with you makes me hope we live forever.”
22. “As lovely as you looked in your wedding dress, you in yoga pants makes my heart skip a beat.”
Best Happy Anniversary Quotes for Him
23. “Here's my love, take it. Here's my soul, use it. Here's my heart, don't break it. Here's my hand, hold it and together we will make it forever.”
24. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." — Maya Angelou
25. "There is no mystery — that's the beauty of it. We are entirely explicable to each other, and yet we stay. What a miracle that is." ― Kamila Shamsie
26. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
27. “I don't call you handsome, sir, though I love you most dearly: far too dearly to flatter you. Don't flatter me.” — Charlotte Brontë
28. “You're the only team I ever want to play on.”
29. “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
30. “I swear when our lips touch, I can taste the next sixty years of my life.”
Related Stories From YourTango:
31. “Thanks for being my handyman even when nothing between us ever feels broken.”
32. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things.” — John Green, "The Fault in Our Stars"
33. “Sleeping by your side guarantees sweet dreams.”
Funny Anniversary Quotes
34. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.” — Joyce Brothers
35. "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." — Rita Rudner
36. "Marriage is like vitamins: we supplement each other’s minimum daily requirements." — Kathy Mohnke
37. "I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it." — Elizabeth Evans
38. "Love is sharing your popcorn." — Charles Schultz
39. "Marriage has no guarantees. If that's what you're looking for, go live with a car battery." — Erma Bombeck
40. "Marriage is like pantyhose. It all depends on what you put into it." — Phyllis Schlafly
41. "I love you and it’s getting worse." — Joseph E. Morris
42. "Love is blind but marriage is a real eye-opener." — Pauline Thomason
43. "Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need 10 years before you can call yourself a beginner." — Jerry Seinfeld
44. “Another year past, and I'm still achin' for your bacon.”
45. “Thanks for not holding out for better.”
46. “Here's your annual reminder that you married up.”
47. “Year after year, you're still the only person I don't want to punch in the throat.”
48. “Choosing you makes up for all the bad decisions I've ever made.”
Best Messages to Write in a Happy Anniversary Card
49. "I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you." ― Cassandra Clare
50. “The highest happiness on earth is marriage.” — William Lyon Phelps
51. "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years." — Simone Signoret
52. “I just want you to know, that when I picture myself happy, it’s with you.”
53. “On this day, and every day, I am reminded why we are meant for each other”
54. “My love for you continues to grow each day, as I love you more than I did yesterday and less than I will tomorrow”
55. “Happy anniversary to the love of my life and here's to many more years of happiness to come.”
56. ”In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.”
57. “Your face will always be my favorite.”
58. “365 days later, and I'm still crazy for you.”
59. "Real love stories never have endings." — Richard Bach
Best Happy Anniversary Wishes to Share on Facebook or Instagram
60. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." — A. A. Milne, "Winnie the Pooh"
61. ”Hold my hand and I'll go anywhere with you.”
62. ”We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
63. "I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow." — Leo Christopher
64. “Thanks for being the big spoon to my little spoon.”
65. “If I could go back in time and choose again, I would choose you.”
66. “I’m still glad you met me. Happy anniversary!”
67. “One of the most beautiful vows we can make is to hold and love one another forever. I love you and happy anniversary, dear!”
68. "An anniversary isn’t measured in hours of the day, but in each minute when two people remain one.”
69. “When you can’t sleep because reality is finally better than your dreams, you know you’re in love.”
70. “With you, forever isn’t long enough.”
More for You on YourTango:
YourTango brings our community of readers, writers, thought leaders, and the world’s leading relationship and mental health experts together to connect and engage where it matters most: the heart.