51 Inspiring Exercise Quotes To Promote A Healthy Lifestyle
If you need some help getting motivated to work out these days, these fitness and exercise quotes inspire you to exercise daily and live a healthy life.
These good workout quotes below will inspire you to kick your new workout routine into high gear and get your exercise game on to become strong and healthy.
For some of us, having our own ideal vision of our best possible summer body is all the motivation we need to start working out. After all, who doesn’t want to look and feel amazing in their favorite bathing suit?
But for others, putting in the hard work to make that vision a reality simply doesn't come as naturally. When fitness doesn't exactly run in your genes, squeezing your glutes into a bikini may not have quite the same appeal.
No matter who you are and what fitness goals you dream of reaching, each and every one of us knows the hardest part of achieving anything is often finding the first burst of strength to get up and get started. This is especially true when it comes to starting a new exercise routine.
To motivate yourself to work out, tell yourself that you are ready to be live a healthy life and you finally want to get into the habit of working out to feel amazing.
If you’re like me and need some serious inspiration before you start physical activity, then keep scrolling.
Here are our picks of the best fitness and exercise quotes to inspire you to get out there and work out!
1. "In two weeks, you'll feel it. In four weeks, you'll see it. In eight weeks, you'll hear it."
2. "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
3. "Sore today. Strong tomorrow."
4. "It hurts now, but one day it will be your warm-up."
5. "When you feel like stopping, think about why you started."
6. "Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do. Not a punishment for what you ate."
7. "Work out. Eat well. Be patient. Your body will reward you."
8. "I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her weaknesses. I know her strengths. I've lost to her before, but not this time. She's going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me."
9. "When you think about quitting, think about why you started."
10. "Your body can do it. It's time to convince your mind."
11. "You get what you work for."
12. "You are stronger than you think."
13. "May the next few months be a period of magnificent transformation."
14. "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."
15. "Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving up. Keep going."
16. "You're far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way."
17. "If you can't stop thinking about it, don't stop working for it."
18. "I go to the gym because I think my great personality could use a banging body."
19. "No pain. No gain. Shut up and train."
20. "I never regret it when I do it, but I always regret it when I don't."
21. "It always seems impossible until it's done." — Nelson Mandela
22. "Note to Self: You gotta do this for you. This is for you. This isn't about anybody. Live for you. Honor you. Never lose sight of that."
23. "Wish less. Work more."
24. "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you."
25. "When a girl is working out and tightens her ponytail, you know it's about to go down."
26. "I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens if I don't." — Neila Rey
27. “Good things come to those who sweat.”
28. "A 30-minute workout is just two percent of your day. No excuses."
29. "Sore. The most satisfying pain."
30. "Your mind will quit 100 times before your body ever does. Feel the pain and do it anyway."
31. “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” — Joseph Addison
32. "I'm not trying to look perfect. I just want to feel better, look great, know I'm healthy, and rock any outfit I choose."
33. "Success starts with self-discipline."
34. "Fall in love with taking care of your body."
35. "Self-confidence is a superpower. Once you start to believe in yourself, the magic starts happening."
36. "Because the next few months will go by whether you workout or not. Make them count."
37. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” — John Muir
38. "Today, I get to work out."
Related Stories From YourTango:
39. "Look in the mirror ... That's your competition."
40. "Progress: you might not be where you want to be, but you're not where you used to be."
41. "One workout at a time. One day at a time. One meal at a time." — Chalene Johnson
42. "Be stronger than your strongest excuse."
43. "Hustle for that muscle."
44. "Slow progress is better than no progress."
45. "To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise." — Gene Tunney
46. "My summer body is in progress."
47. "Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you."
48. "A little progress each day adds up to big results."
49. "It comes down to one simple thing: How bad do you want it?"
50. "Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable."
51. "Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn't formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them." — Lee Haney
More for You on YourTango:
Rebekah Ludman is a writer and animal lover who enjoys traveling.