When you're feeling all the feels and just can't find the words to explain them, a kiss could be just what the moment calls for.
Just like the kiss quotes that follow they can be passionate or tender, a kiss can express all the emotions you struggle to vocalize.
Sure, we've all heard that "a kiss is just a kiss," and we understand that an amazing singular smooch isn't proof you've found your soul mate.
But we also know how it feels when we're kissing someone we really love — or are at least someone we're seriously attracted to. It sounds cheesy as hell, but feeling the sparks on your lips and the warm fuzzies in your stomach during a lip lock are definite signs of a kiss gone so right.
RELATED: 15 Things That Happen To Your Body When You Kiss Someone (According To Science)
If you have really, truly been in love, odds are you've felt a kiss so passionate kiss that the whole world came to a standstill.
And that's just what this collection of kiss quotes and quotes about kissing celebrates.
50 Romantic Kiss Quotes
1. "A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving." — Cyrano de Bergerac
2. “Feel free to use kisses as a method to shut me up anytime.”
3. "It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it." — Christian Nestell Bovee
4. “The best feeling in the world is kissing someone for the first time when you’ve really wanted to kiss them for a long time.”
5. "And the moonbeams kiss the sea: What is all this sweet work worth. If thou kiss not me?” — Percy Bysshe Shelley, "Love's Philosophy"
6. “The first time I kissed you. One kiss, I was totally hooked. Addicted to you.” — Ellen Hopkins
7. “How did it happen that their lips came together? How does it happen that birds sing, that snow melts, that the rose unfolds, that the dawn whitens behind the stark shapes of trees on the quivering summit of the hill? A kiss and all was said.” — Victor Hugo
8. “I don’t think you understand, exactly, how much I want your lips.”
9. “Kiss me, and you will see how important I am.” ― Sylvia Plath
10. “If you kiss my neck, I’m not responsible for what happens next.”
11.“I’m oxygen and he’s dying to breathe.” ― Tahereh Mafi
12. “She knew 100 little things about him, but when he kissed her she couldn’t remember her own name.” — Michelle Hodkin
13. “Make me immortal with a kiss.” ― Christopher Marlowe
14. “Kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. Wanna workout?”
15. “A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear.” ― Edmond Rostand
16. “It’s the kind of kiss that inspires stars to climb into the sky and light up the world.” ― Tahereh Mafi
17. “Kiss me until I forget how terrified I am of everything wrong with my life.” — Beau Taplin
18. “I didn’t want to kiss you goodbye — that was the trouble — I wanted to kiss you good night — and there’s a lot of difference.” ― Ernest Hemingway
19. “I’ll make up for all the years I was supposed to be kissing you.” — Leo Christopher
20. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” ― Ingrid Bergman
21. “She’s a saint with the lips of a sinner. She’s an angel with a devilish kiss.”
22. “Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you, Tomorrow I’ll miss you.” ― Paul McCartney
23. “Because with the right person, sometimes kissing feels like healing.” — Lisa McMann
24. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” ― Sarah Kay
25. “A kiss on the beach when there is a full moon is the closest thing to heaven.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
26. “Hard to sit here and be close to you, and not kiss you.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
RELATED: 150+ Best Love Quotes That'll Make Anyone Believe In Love
27. “Our only kiss was like an accident- a beautiful gasoline rainbow.” ― Alice Sebold
28. “Kiss her in a way that will stay with her until she sees you again.”
29. “May I kiss you then? On this miserable paper? I might as well open the window and kiss the night air.” ― Franz Kafka
30. “A kiss may ruin a human life” ― Oscar Wilde
31. “The right way to kiss her … push her up against the wall, hold her hands above her head and kiss her like you mean it.”
32. “Then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before…and it was blissful oblivion, better than firewhisky; she was the only real thing in the world.” ― J.K. Rowling
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join now for YourTango's trending articles, top expert advice and personal horoscopes delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
33. “I want to wake up to you kissing me, in the middle of the night.”
34. “Teasing’s part of the fun that comes before kissing” ― Lois Lowry
35. “Now a soft kiss – Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss.” ― John Keats
36. “I don’t want anything right now but your lips on mine.”
37. “You should be kissed and by someone who knows how.” ― Margaret Mitchell
38. "Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back.”
39. “The first kiss can be as terrifying as the last.” ― Daina Chaviano
40. “I’m going to kiss you now, and I don’t know if I’ll ever stop.” ― Jamie McGuire
41. "When you kiss and it feels like … finally.”
42. “I think Heaven will be like a first kiss.” ― Sarah Addison Allen
43. “I want to make sure that the first person you kiss loves you, okay?” ― Stephen Chbosky, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
44. “In one kiss, you know all I haven’t said.” — Pablo Neruda
45. “I was going to kiss him, and I was going to regret it. But at that moment, I couldn’t bring myself to care.” ― Michelle Hodkin, "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer"
46. “Well, it’s either kiss me or kill me, that’s how I see it.” ― Tom Waits
47. “She was vulnerable when it came to him. He had crashed through her universe kissing her soul.” — N.R. Hart
48. “The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
49. “Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind." — "The Princess Bride"
50. "A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear, a moment of infinity humming like a bee, a communion tasting of flowers, a way of breathing in a little of the heart and tasting a little of the soul with the edge of the lips!”— Edmond Rostand
RELATED: 25 Quotes That Remind You What It Was Like To Fall Madly In Love
More for You on YourTango:
Madelyn Rennie is a writer covering zodiac, dating, relationships, and other lifestyle topics.