The trials of everyday life can leave any of us feeling like we have to do more than we could ever handle.
That's why the International Stress Management Association (ISMA) established every first Wednesday in November — this year, November 3, 2021 — as National Stress Awareness Day "to increase public awareness and help people recognize, manage, and reduce stress in their personal and professional lives."
It's can be hard to calm yourself down when you're stressed out, but it's important to do what you can to ease your worries and focus on the present moment.
Your overall health and well-being will thank you.
RELATED: How To Deal With Stress & Turn It Into Your Own Superpower
You can try working on a puzzle, playing with your cat or dog, making something healthy for dinner, writing in a gratitude journal or taking a long bath. It may feel weird to put yourself first, but when you take some solid time for yourself, you will find that you can handle your stress load a lot easier.
We gathered the quotes about dealing with stress and anxiety below as reminders you can turn when it all feels overwhelming.
50 Stress Quotes About Dealing Anxiety To Help You Stay Calm
1. "It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." — Lou Holtz
2. "The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." — William James
3. "Give your stress wings and let it fly away." — Terri Guillemets
4. "A year from now, everything you are stressing about won't even matter." — Unknown
5. "Breath is all the power behind all things ... I breathe in and know that good things will happen." — Tao Porchon-Lynch
6. "The day she let go of the things that were weighing her down, was the day she began to shine the brightest." — Katrina Mayer
7. "Pause and remember: Every single event in your life, especially the difficult lessons, have made you smarter, stronger, and wiser than you were yesterday." — Unknown
8. "You are enough. You do enough. Breathe extra deep, let go, and just live right now in the moment." — Unknown
9. "The people in your life should be a source of reducing stress, not causing it. If not let go." — Unknown
10. "It's okay to start over. It's okay to rebuild. It's okay to be scared." — Unknown
11. "I don't think people understand how stressful it is to explain what's going on in your head when you don't even understand it yourself." — Unknown
12. "Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one." — Hans Selye
13. "Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others." — Paulo Coelho
14. "Stress is not what happens to us. It's our response to what happens, and response is something we can choose." — Maureen Killoran
15. "You can do anything but not everything." — Unknown
16. "I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear." — Steve Maraboli
17. "It's not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it." — Hans Selye
18. "Don't let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries." — Astrid Alauda
19. "We suffer more often in imagination than in reality." — Seneca
20. "Nothing is permanent. Don't stress yourself too much because no matter how bad the situation is ... it will change." — Unknown
21. "It's all about finding the calm in the chaos." — Donna Karan
22. "Take a deep breath. It's just a bad day, not a bad life." — Johnny Depp
23. "Stress doesn't really go with my outfit." — Unknown
24. "Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness." — Unknown
25. "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." — Albert Einstein
RELATED: 21 Powerful Prince Harry Quotes On Mental Health And Losing His Mom, Princess Diana
26. Just enjoy every moment - don't stress. Just be yourself." — Mabel
27. "In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive." — Lee Iacocca
28. "God will never give you anything you can't handle, so don't stress." — Kelly Clarkson
29. "The truth is that stress doesn't come from your boss, your kids, your spouse, traffic jams, health challenges, or other circumstances. It comes from your thoughts about these circumstances." — Andrew J. Bernstein
30. "Enjoy the pressure. Enjoy the stress. Enjoy being uncomfortable. And don't shy away from it, embrace it." — Gary Woodland
31. "Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not." — Valerie Bertinelli
32. "Your mindset matters. It affects everything - from the business and investment decisions you make to the way you raise your children, to your stress levels and overall well-being." — Peter Diamandis
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join now for YourTango's trending articles, top expert advice and personal horoscopes delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
33. "My key to dealing with stress is simple: just stay cool and stay focused." — Ashton Eaton
34. "The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence." — Norman Vincent Peale
35. 'Stress is part of life. It is something we all experience from time to time." — Luciana Berger
36. "Remember that stress doesn't come from what's going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what's going on in your life." — Andrew J. Bernstein
37. "Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress." — Melody Beattie
38. "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it." — Lily Tomlin
39. "If you think too far ahead, then it'll just stress you out." — Laurie Hernandez
40. "It's amazing how stress keeps you trim." — Peter Andre
41. "The truth is that there is no actual stress or anxiety in the world; it's your thoughts that create these false beliefs. You can't package stress, touch it, or see it. There are only people engaged in stressful thinking." — Wayne Dyer
42. "Doing something that is productive is a great way to alleviate emotional stress. Get your mind doing something that is productive." — Ziggy Marley
43. "Stress is a downward spiral, and you can only overcome it with a positive perspective." — Jen Lilley
44. "Stress is basically a disconnection from the earth, a forgetting of the breath. Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency. Nothing is that important. Just lie down." — Natalie Goldberg
45. "Many of us feel stress and get overwhelmed not because we're taking on too much, but because we're taking on too little of what really strengthens us." — Marcus Buckingham
46. "All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for." — Jon Kabat-Zinn
47. "Everything that's supposedly caused by stress, I tell people there's a Nobel Prize there if you find out the real cause." — Barry Marshall
48. "We have this amazing ability to turn on the exactly same stress response worrying about a mortgage that a zebra does when it's sprinting away from a lion." — Robert Sapolsky
49. "Foresight turns out to be a critical adaptive strategy for times of great stress." — Jamais Cascio
50. "Stress and worry, they solve nothing. What they do is block creativity. You are not even able to think about the solutions. Every problem has a solution." — Susan L. Taylor
RELATED: 29 Inspiring Mental Health Quotes To Help You Feel Less Alone
More for You on YourTango:
Emily Francos is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.