35 New Dad Quotes To Share For His First Father's Day
Becoming a parent for the first time is an exciting job. There’s no better feeling than holding your newborn baby for the first time.
New dad quotes can make new dads feel seen and heard — especially when you're celebrating his first Father's Day!
What do you say to a new dad? As a new dad's partner, family, or friend, you know sending the right Father's Day quotes is the perfect way to help celebrate this day. These first Father's Day messages are the ones the new dad will remember for years to come.
If you’re a new father, it can feel like you have a lot of expectations to live up to — and a lot of new father quotes to live by.
That’s why you deserve some credit! It’s important to celebrate your good parenting because the truth is, good dads can be hard to come by.
You should always say congratulations to a new dad. Fatherhood means lots of hard work.
35 New Dad Quotes to Celebrate His First Father's Day
1. "Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad." — Anne Geddes
2. "I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom." — Umberto Eco
3. "The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself but for his family." — Reed Markham
4. "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me." — Jim Valvano
5. "I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers or just spiritual fathers." — T.D. Jakes
6. "Son, brother, father, lover, friend. There is room in the heart for all the affections, as there is room in heaven for all the stars.” — Victor Hugo
7. "It's an ongoing joy being a dad.” — Liam Neeson
8. "When you're young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape." — Dave Attell
9. "'Have fun' is my message. Be silly. You're allowed to be silly. There's nothing wrong with it." — Jimmy Fallon
10. "She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father." — Harper Lee
11. "Lately all my friends are worried they're turning into their fathers. I'm worried I'm not." — Dan Zevin
12. "Fatherhood is the greatest thing that could ever happen. You can't explain it until it happens — it's like telling someone what water feels like before they've ever swum in it." — Michael Bublé
13. "In my career, there are many things I've won and many things I've achieved, but for me, my greatest achievement is my children and my family. " — David Beckham
14. "I had no expectations about fatherhood, really, but it's definitely a journey I'm glad to be taking." — Christopher Melon
15. "Becoming a dad means you have to be a role model for your son and be someone he can look up to." — Wayne Rooney
16. "Fatherhood is the best thing that could happen to me, and I'm just glad I can share my voice." — Dwyane Wade
17. "To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father." — Nick Lachey
18. "Being a dad isn't just about eating a huge bag of gummy bears as your wife gives birth. It means being comfortable with the word 'hero.'" — Ryan Reynolds
19. "I pray to be a good servant to God, a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a brother, an uncle, a good neighbor, a good leader to those who look up to me, a good follower to those who are serving God and doing the right thing." — Mark Wahlberg
20. "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." — Billy Graham
21. "A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men." — Gregory E. Lang
22. "Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you're 12, but every single day." — Mike Myers
23. "There's no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it." — George R.R. Martin
24. "Any fool can have a child. That doesn't make you a father. It's the courage to raise a child that makes you a father." — Barack Obama
25. "One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” — George Herbert
26. "He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector." — Tom Wolfe
Related Stories From YourTango:
27. "A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow."
28. "My father didn't tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it." — Clarence Budington Kelland
29. "Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes." — Gloria Naylor
30. "Dad: A son’s first hero, a daughter’s first love."
31. "A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you." — Dimitri the Stoneheart
32. "I'm a father; that's what matters most. Nothing matters more." — Gordon Brown
33. "Fathers just have a way of putting everything together." — Erika Cosby
34. "A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead, he picks you up, brushes you off, and lets you try again."
35. "My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do—be there." — Max Lucado
More for You on YourTango:
Isabella Pacinelli is a writer who covers love, relationships, sex, self-care, body confidence, women’s health, college, and entertainment.