"Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener."
Married life is not for the faint of coronary heart. As any spouse or husband is aware of, being (and staying) fortunately married requires an entire lot of affection — and an unflappable humorousness.
Actually, a lot of the finest marriage recommendation and quotes about married life embody reminders to take time to have enjoyable and snort collectively.
That is why our favourite love quotes for married folks run the gamut from candy and heartfelt to cute and hilarious.
RELATED: 100 Love Quotes That Say Precisely What 'I Love You' Means
Hopefully, they will ring true for you about your personal relationship along with your husband or spouse.
Listed here are 32 of the very best candy, humorous and cute love quotes about marriage that completely sum up what being married is all about.
1. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
— Mingon McLaughlin
2. "Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener."
three. "The older theory was, marry an older man because they're more mature. But the new theory is men don't mature. Marry a younger one."
— Rita Rudner
four. "When we got married I told my wife 'If you leave me, I'm going with you.' And she never did."
— James Fineous McBride
5. "The most successful marriages, gay or straight, even if they begin in romantic love, often become friendships. It's the ones that become the friendships that last."
6. "To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you're wrong, admit it; Whenever you're right, shut up."
— Ogden Nash
RELATED: The 101 Finest Inspiring Romantic Quotes For Males And Ladies In Love
7. "My parents only had one argument in 45 years. It lasted 43 years."
— Cathy Ladman
eight. "Before marriage, a man will lie awake all night thinking about something you said; after marriage, he'll fall asleep before you finish saying it."
— Helen Rowland
9. "The longest sentence you can form with two words is: I do."
— H. L. Mencken
10. "I'm a very committed wife. And I should be committed, too — for being married so many times."
— Elizabeth Taylor
11. "If I get married, I want to be very married."
— Audrey Hepburn
12. "The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret."
— Henny Youngman
RELATED: 100 Lovely 'I Love You' Quotes To Share With The Love Of Your Life
13. "I support gay marriage. I believe gay people have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us."
— Kinky Friedman
14. "An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her."
— Dame Agatha Christie
15. "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half-shut afterwards."
— Benjamin Franklin
16. "Marriage: a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters written in prose."
— Beverley Nichols
17. "At every party there are two kinds of people ... those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other."
— Ann Landers
18. "What I love most about my home is who I share it with."
— Tad Carpenter
RELATED: 100 'I Love You' Quotes That Completely Describe Life With Your True Love
19. "After the chills and fever of love, how nice is the 98.6 degrees of marriage."
— Mignon McLaughlin
20. "What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility."
— Leo Tolstoy
21. "Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience."
— Oscar Wilde
22. "A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short."
— Andre Maurois
23. "Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now ..."
— Fred Rogers
24. "A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him."
— Brendan Behan
RELATED: 25 Loopy-Romantic, Inventive Methods To Say 'I Love You'
25. "It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from my glass."
— Rodney Dangerfield
26. "I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it."
— Lyndon B. Johnson
27. "We had a happy marriage because we were together all the time. We were friends as well as husband and wife. We just had a good time."
— Julia Baby
28. "My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my love to marry me."
— Sir Winston Churchill
29. "You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life."
— Julia Baby
30. “After seven years of marriage, I am sure of two things: First, never wallpaper together and second, you'll need two bathrooms ... both for her. The rest is a mystery, but a mystery I love to be involved in.”
— Dennis Miller
31. "Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them."
— Ogden Nash
32. "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity."
— Albert Einstein
RELATED: The 50 Finest Love Quotes To Share For A Romantic, Joyful Anniversary
Kristine Soloman is the previous Govt Editor of YourTango, the highest web site for relationships, love and wellness for ladies.