Rumi was a thirteenth-century poet and scholar. He spent his life illuminating minds and writing gorgeous prose and love quotes that we all still enjoy reading and sharing today.
His best work has to do with the wonderful mysteries of love, although he has poems written about every topic imaginable.
Rumi's explanation of love is one of his best-known quotes: “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
His thoughts about life are also widely known, including "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."
Rumi was born Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī in 2017, in present-day Afghanistan to Persian-speaking parents. Although he had many different names, his best-known moniker, "Rumi," means "from Rum" (or Rome), a region in the Byzantine Empire at the time. Most of his work has been translated from Persian, although he occasionally wrote in Turkish, Arabic, and Greek.
A Muslim poet, theologian, Islamic scholar, and jurist, Rumi's influence knew no bounds during his lifetime. Today, his legacy lives on throughout the world.
Photo: Faik Sarıkaya / wowTURKEY.com, Attribution, via Wikimedia Commons
Rumi is famous for being one of the best-selling poets in the United States. His prolific collection of works is accessible and relatable to people from all walks of life. He was also an interfaith icon who believed in unity.
During his career, Rumi wrote several influential works that are available for reading. One of the most popular was "The Masnavi," considered by some to be the Persian Quran equivalent. He's also known for The Divan, another of his main poetry collections. (For Rumi translations, consider reading "The Essential Rumi," "The Illuminated Rumi," and "The Soul of Rumi.")
His writings formed the basis of classical Iranian and Afghan music, and his philosophy provides an excellent introduction to Sufism, a "mystical Islamic belief and practice in which Muslims seek to find the truth of divine love and knowledge through direct personal experience of God."
We can turn to works and quotes by Rumi during times of love, heartache, and loss, whether it's for the perfect poem or just one line of wisdom. His words are layered with meaning, and one poem can provide countless interpretations and constant support for any situation.
Use these quotes to inspire yourself in all aspects of your life, especially in the pursuit of unconditional love and happiness.
Rumi Quotes On Love
1. “What is the body? That shadow of a shadow of your love, that somehow contains the entire universe.”
2. “If the house of the world is dark, love will find a way to make windows.”
3. “Half of life is lost in charming others. The other half is lost in going through anxieties caused by others. Leave this game. You have played enough.”
4. “I choose to love you in silence...
For in silence I find no rejection,
I choose to love you in loneliness...
For in loneliness no one owns you but me,
I choose to adore you from a distance...
For distance will shield me from pain,
I choose to kiss you in the wind...
For the wind is gentler than my lips,
I choose to hold you in my dreams...
For in my dreams, you have no end.”
5. "Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with their heart and soul there is no such thing as separation."
6. “Sometimes you hear a voice through the door calling you... This turning toward what you deeply love saves you.”
7. “You are the comfort of my soul in the season of sorrow. You are the wealth of my spirit in the heartbreak of loss.”
8. “I was dead, then alive. Weeping, then laughing. The power of love came into me, and I became fierce like a lion, then tender like the evening star.”
9. “There are as many ways of loving as there are people, and that wildflower variety is the great beauty of this dimension of existence.”
10. "Love comes on strong, consuming herself, unabashed."
11. “Find the sweetness in your own heart, then you may find the sweetness in every heart.”
12. “My heart rushes into the garden, joyfully tasting all the delights. But reason frowns, disapproving of the heart's bad manners.”
13. “The Heart is your Student, for love is the only way we learn.”
14. “Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absentminded. Someone sober will worry about things going badly. Let the lover be.”
15. "Travel brings power and love back into your life."
16. "Wisdom tells us we are not worthy; love tells us we are. My life flows between the two."
17. “If you have much, give of your wealth; If you have little, give of your Heart.”
18. “I will soothe you and heal you, I will bring you roses. I too have been covered with thorns.”
19. “Advice doesn't help lovers! They're not the kind of mountain stream you can build a dam across.”
20. "Let the beauty of what you love be what you do."
21. “With love, you don’t bargain. There, the choice is not yours. Love is a mirror, it reflects only your essence, if you have the courage to look in its face.”
22. “Love is a river. Drink from it.”
23. “When someone beats a rug, the blows are not against the rug, but against the dust in it.”
24. “You are my wine, my joy, my garden, my springtime, my slumber, my repose, without you, I can't cope.”
25. "Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love. It will never lead you astray."
26. “Come out of the circle of time and into the circle of love.”
27. “Love is the religion, and the universe is the book.”
28. “There are lovers content with longing. I’m not one of them.”
29. “I am ashamed to call this love human and afraid of God to call it divine.”
30. "Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along."
31. "Be certain in the religion of Love. There are no believers and unbelievers. Love embraces all."
32. "Your heart and my heart are very, very old friends."
33. “Gamble everything for love, if you're a true human being.”
34. “Love will find its way through all languages on its own.”
35. "Reason is powerless in the expression of love."
36. "Take someone who doesn’t keep score, who’s not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing, who has not the slightest interest even in his own personality: he’s free."
37. "On the path of love we are neither masters nor the owners of our lives. We are only a brush in the hand of the master painter."
38. “Love comes with a knife, not some shy question, and not with fears for its reputation!”
39. “I have put the ear of my soul in the widow of your heart.”
40. "I am yours. Don't give myself back to me."
41. "With life as short as a half-taken breath, don’t plant anything but love."
42. "I crave a love so deep the ocean would be jealous."
43. “This is how I would die into the love I have for you: As pieces of cloud dissolve in sunlight.”
44. “In the heavens I see your eyes,
In your eyes I see the heavens.
Why look for another Moon or another Sun?
What I see will always be enough for me.”
45. "The torch of love is all sweetness."
46. "If you want to win hearts, sow the seeds of Love. If you want heaven, stop scattering thorns on the road.”
47. “Love sometimes wants to do us a great favor: hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out.”
48. “In the house of lovers, the music never stops, the walls are made of songs and the floor dances.”
49. “Only Love can explain itself.”
50. "This is love: to fly toward a secret sky."
51. "There is a path from me to you that I am constantly looking for."
52. "Every moment is made glorious by the light of love."
53. “Love is the cure, for your pain will keep giving birth to more pain until your eyes constantly exhale love as effortlessly as your body yields its scent.”
54. “It doesn’t matter that you’ve broken your vow a thousand times. Still come, and yet again, come.”
55. "Through love, bitter things seem sweet."
56. "Love risks everything and asks for nothing."
57. “Oh my friend, all that you see of me is a shell, the rest belongs to love."
58. “Listen with ears of tolerance! See through the eyes of compassion! Speak with the language of love.”
59. “We cannot say much about love at first sight. It happens, and we live in the wake of a new life.”
60. "Love is the vital core of the soul."
61. "My heart, sit only with those who know and understand you."
62. "Whoever finds love beneath hurt and grief disappears into emptiness with a thousand new disguises."
63. “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.”
64. “Those beautiful words we said to one another are hidden in the secret heart of heaven. One day, like the rain, they will pour our love story all over the world.”
65. "We are born of love; love is our mother."
66. “Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.”
67. “I don't want learning, or dignity, or respectability. I want this music, and this dawn, and the warmth of your cheek against mine.”
68. “I want your sun to reach my raindrops, so your heat can raise my soul upward like a cloud.”
69. “Love is the instrument to unfold divine secrets...
Love is the reign timeless, dimensionless...
Lover is as distinct as the moon shining among stars on the sky.
Beloved is the sparkle in the heart of the Love.”
70. "Love is the bridge between you and everything."
71. “Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.”
72. “I wait with silent passion for one gesture, one glance from you.”
73. “The heart has its own language. The heart knows a hundred thousand ways to speak.”
74. “When you seek Love
with all your Heart,
you shall find its echoes in the universe.”
75. “My home has no address,
my tracks leave no trace.
I am neither body nor soul...
What can I say?
I belong to the Self of the Beloved”
76. "Through love, burning fire is pleasing light."
77. “Your body is away from me,
but there is a window open
from my heart to yours.”
78. "I wrote your name in my heart and forever it will stay."
79. "Love cannot be held long within categories, likewise the poetry celebrating love. You might say that love loves confusion and not be far wrong. Love is metamorphosis, rapid and radical, agile, full of vigor and levity. "
80. “Love is neither a tale nor a game.
Love is such a powerful torrent
that no one can stand in front of it.
Love is the flame which, when it blazes,
consumes everything other than the Beloved”
81. "You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens."
82. “You think you are alive
because you breathe air?
Shame on you,
that you are alive in such a limited way.
Don't be without Love,
so you won't feel dead.
Die in Love
and stay alive forever.”
83. “Remember, the way you make love is the way God will be with you.”
84. “If you want to be more alive, love is the truest health.”
85. “I want that love that moved the mountains. I want that love that split the ocean. I want that love that made the winds tremble. I want that love that roared like thunder. I want that love that will raise the dead. I want that love that lifts us to ecstasy. I want that love that is the silence of eternity.”
86. "Love has come to rule and transform; stay awake, my heart, stay awake."
87. “Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.”
88. “A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home.”
89. “For the thirst to possess your love, is worth my blood a hundred times.”
90. “Choose love. Choose love.
Without this beautiful love,
life is nothing but a burden.”
91. "O love, O pure deep love, be here, be now, be all."
92. "If destiny comes to help you, love will come to meet you. A life without love isn’t a life."
93. “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.”
94. “Would you become a pilgrim on the road of love? The first condition is that you make yourself humble as dust and ashes.”
95. “If love were only spiritual, the practices of fasting and prayer would not exist.”
96. "Close your eyes, fall in love. Stay there."
97. “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.”
98. “The deeper the grief, the more radiant the love.”
99. “Love said to me, there is nothing that is not me. Be silent.”
100. “You have been walking the water's edge, holding up your robes to keep them dry. You must dive naked under, deeper, under a thousand times deeper. Love flows down.”
101. "Love is not an emotion, it is your very existence."
102. “Go find yourself first so you can also find me.”
103. “You will learn by reading, but you will understand with love.”
104. “Love is an open secret, the most obvious thing in the world and the most hidden, with no why to how it keeps its mystery.”
105. “Love rushed into my veins emptying me of myself. Now filled with the Beloved... my only possession is my name.”
106. "Lovers find secret places in this violent world where they make transactions with beauty."
107. “You have within you more love than you could ever understand.”
108. "Both light and shadow are the dance of Love."
109. “You soak up my soul and mingle me. Each drop of my blood cries out to the earth. We are partners, blended as one.”
110. “Lose yourself, lose yourself in this love. When you lose yourself in this love, you will find everything.”
111. "My heart, so precious. I won't trade for a hundred thousand souls."
112. "When we practice loving kindness and compassion we are the first ones to profit."
113. “Let your teacher be love itself.”
114. “O my choice beauty
But your love remains in my heart
Your image in my eye
O guide on my winding road
I keep turning round and round in the hopes of
115. “Life is sweet, but merging with you is far sweeter.”
116. "You dance inside my chest where no one sees you."
117. "This is a subtle truth. Whatever you love you are.”
118. "Do not ask what love can make or do. Look at the colours of the world."
119. “Someone who does not run toward the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.”
120. “My Sight, my Heart, my Life... all three words I have woven into one: Love.”
121. "Love, the supreme musician, is always playing in our souls."
122. "If you love someone, you are always joined with them — in joy, in absence, in solitude, in strife."
123. "I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within."
124. “There is little one can say about love. It has to be lived, and it's always in motion.”
125. “Your love has pierced me to the depths, its ecstasy entwines both bone and nerve.”
126. "Your task is not to seek for love."
127. “I said, 'I just want to know you and then disappear.' She said, 'Knowing me does not mean dying.'”
128. “Love is not love that doesn’t love the details of the beloved, the minute particulars.”
129. “Your eyelashes will write on my heart the poem that could never come from the pen of a poet.”
130. “Sit with lovers and choose their state. Do not stay long with those who are not living in the heart.”
131. "If you want the moon, do not hide from the night. If you want a rose, do not hide from the thorns. If you want love, do not hide from yourself."
132. “Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven.”
133. “When I am with you, we stay up all night. When you're not here, I can't go to sleep. Praise God for those two insomnias! And the difference between them.”
134. “There are no edges to my loving now.”
135. “While reason sees only barriers, Love knows secret paths."
136. "Love is beyond either condition; without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh."
137. “I once had a thousand desires. But in my one desire to know you all else melted away.”
138. “Love is a boundless ocean in which heavens are but foam.”
139. “Your acts of kindness are iridescent wings of divine love, which linger and continue to uplift others long after your sharing.”
140. “The sky itself reels with Love.”
141. "May this marriage be full of laughter, our everyday paradise."
142. “The Glance of Love is Crystal Clear.”
143. “If I set my heart on anything but you, let fire burn me from inside.”
144. "My beloved grows right out of my own heart. How much more union can there be.”
145. “If I love myself, I love you. If I love you, I love myself.”
146. "I hear nothing in my ear but your voice. Heart has plundered mind of all its eloquence. Love writes a transparent calligraphy, so on the empty page my soul can read and recollect.”
Inspirational Rumi Quotes
147. “Your defects are the ways that glory gets manifested.”
148. “You suppose you are the trouble. But you are the cure. You suppose that you are the lock on the door. But you are the key that opens it.”
149. “Fortunate is he who does not carry envy as a companion.”
150. "The pains you feel are messengers. Listen to them."
151. "The source of now is here."
152. "Trust means you’re ready to risk what currently have."
153. “Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep your heart open through everything, your pain can become your greatest ally in your life's search for love and wisdom.”
154. "What do we do, when we don't see ourselves?"
155. "Seek the wisdom that will untie your knot. Seek the path that demands your whole being."
156. "Do not worry if all the candles in the world flicker and die. We have the spark that starts the fire."
157. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.”
158. "Woman is a ray of God. She is not that earthly beloved: she is creative, not created."
159. “Why are you knocking at every other door? Go, knock at the door of your own heart.”
160. "Becoming 'Awake' involves seeing our confusion more clearly."
161. “Don’t toy with things that block your light.”
162. "You show your worth by what you seek!"
163. "Appear as you are. Be as you appear."
164. "The more awake one is to the material world, the more one is asleep to spirit."
165. “Not the ones speaking the same language but the ones sharing the same feeling understand each other.”
166. "What matters is how quickly you do what your Soul directs."
167. "Those who don’t want to change, let them sleep."
168. “There is an invisible strength within us; when it recognizes two opposing objects of desire, it grows stronger.”
169. "Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart."
170. "There is a voice that doesn’t use words. Listen."
171. "Know then the body is merely a garment. Go seek the wearer, not the cloak."
172. “Look for the answer inside your question.”
173. "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
174. "Even if you feel torn to pieces sew yourself new clothes."
175. “My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”
176. “There is a secret medicine given only to those who hurt so hard they can't hope. The hopers would feel slighted if they knew.”
177. "Where there is ruin, there is hope for treasure."
178. "Be suspicious of what you want."
179. "I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I’ve been knocking from the inside!"
180. “There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled. There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled. You feel it, don't you?”
181. "Doing as others told me, I was blind. Coming when others called me, I was lost. Then I left everyone, myself as well. Then I found myself, myself as well."
182. "Your radiance shines in every atom of creation yet our petty desires keep it hidden."
183. “I do not waste my words on tired minds. I can only talk to those who are thirsty for the sea.”
184. “The cure for pain is in the pain.”
185. "Every story is us."
186. “If you look too closely at the form, you'll miss the essence”
187. “Who am I? Standing in the midst of this thought traffic.”
188. “If you desire healing, let yourself fall ill, let yourself fall ill.”
189. "When setting out on a journey, do not seek advice from those who have never left home."
190. “The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind.”
191. “Give up to grace. The ocean takes care of each wave 'til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know.”
192. “All people on the planet are children, except for a very few. No one is grown up except those free of desire.”
193. "You think because you understand 'one' you must also understand two because 1 and 1 equals 2. But you must also understand 'and.'"
194. "Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself."
195. “Put your thoughts to sleep, do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart. Let go of thinking.”
196. "Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder."
197. “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.”
198. "Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form."
199. “Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment. Cleverness is mere opinion, bewilderment is intuition.”
200. “Each has to enter the nest made by the other imperfect bird.”
201. "If all you can do is crawl, start crawling."
202. "You know the value of every article of merchandise, but if you don’t know the value of your own soul, it’s all foolishness.”
203. "Everything in the Universe is within you. Ask all from yourself."
204. “It is your light that lights the worlds.”
205. "Every person’s value is in the thought they hold."
206. "Being a candle is not easy; in order to give light one must first burn."
207. "I am neither of the East nor of the West, no boundaries exist within my breast."
208. “Why struggle to open a door between us when the whole wall is an illusion?”
209. "As you start to walk on the way, the way appears."
210. "The desire to know your own soul will end all other desires."
211. "Out beyond the field of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there."
212. “Be motivated like the falcon, hunt gloriously. Be magnificent as the leopard, fight to win. Spend less time with nightingales and peacocks. One is all talk, the other only color.”
213. “Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.”
215. "Life is a balance of holding on and letting go."
216. "Be a lamp, a lifeboat, a ladder. Help someone's soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd."
217. "Keep silent, because the world of silence is a vast fullness."
218. "It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you."
219. "Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as birds' wings."
220. "Maybe you are searching among the branches, for what only appears in the roots."
221. "If people misunderstand you, do not worry... it is your voice that they hear, but what goes through their mind is... their own thoughts."
222. "The lion is most handsome when looking for food."
223. "The soul has been given its own ears to hear things mind does not understand."
224. "Let yourself become living poetry."
225. "A mountain keeps an echo deep inside. That's how I find your voice."
226. "Anyone who genuinely and consistently with both hands looks for something, will find it."
227. "Death has nothing to do with going away. The sun sets. The moon sets. But they are not gone."
228. “There is a moon inside every human being. Learn to be companions with it.”
229. "At the end of my life, with just one breath left, if you come, I'll sit up and sing."
230. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
231. “Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”
232. “You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
233. "The wound is the place where the light enters you."
Related Stories From YourTango:
234. “Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy.”
235. "Work in the invisible world at least as hard as you do in the visible."
236. “Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah... it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.”
237. "Only from the heart can you touch the sky."
238. "When will you begin that long journey into yourself?"
239. "Understand the nature of impurity. If your key is bent, the lock will not open."
240. "What you seek is seeking you."
241. "The quieter you become, you more you are able to hear."
242. “Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.”
243. "Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and the stars mirrored in your own being."
244. "Although the road is never ending, take a step and keep walking, do not look fearfully into the distance... on the path let the heart be your guide for the body is hesitant and full of fear."
245. "I learned that every mortal will taste death. But only some will taste life."
246. “What hurts you, blesses you. Darkness is your candle.”
247. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.”
248. "Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop."
Rumi Quotes On Beauty
249. “The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.”
250. “The ground’s generosity takes in our compost and grows beauty! Try to be more like the ground.”
251. "The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you."
252. “I am a painter,
Painting pictures all the time,
Yet when I set them near Your beauty...
I want to throw them all away.”
253. “True beauty is a ray that springs from the sacred depths of the soul, and illuminates the body, just as life springs from the kernel of a stone and gives colour and scent to a flower.”
254. "Beauty surrounds us, but usually we need to be walking in a garden to know it."
255. "Oh soul, you worry too much. You have seen your own strength. You have seen your own beauty. You have seen your golden wings. Why do you worry?"
256. “Every moment a taste of that beauty in our mouths, another stashed in a pocket. Impossible to say what: no cypress so handsome, no sunlight, a lonely hiddenness. Other pleasure gathers a crowd, starts a fight, lots of noise there. But soul beauty stays quiet... his amazing whereabouts unknown inside my heart.”
257. “Judge the moth by the beauty of the candle.”
258. “That which God said to the rose, and caused it to laugh in full-blown beauty, he said to my heart, and made it a hundred times more beautiful.”
259. “Everything in the universe is a pitcher brimming with wisdom and beauty.”
Rumi Quotes On Happiness
260. “I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.”
261. “Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”
262. “If everything around seems dark, look again, you may be the light.”
263. "When you feel a peaceful joy, that's when you are near the truth."
264. “Get yourself out of the way, and let joy have more space.”
265. “The moon stays bright when it doesn't avoid the night.”
266. “Respond to every call that excites your spirit.”
267. "Why should I be unhappy? Every parcel of my being is in full bloom."
268. "Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live."
269. "Without the frown of clouds and lightning, the vines would be burned by the smiling sun.”
270. "You wander from room to room hunting for the diamond necklace that is already around your neck."
271. "We carry inside us the wonders we seek outside us."
272. "Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life."
273. "Today, let us swim wildly, joyously in gratitude."
274. "Your depression is connected to your insolence and refusal to praise."
275. "Achieve some perfection yourself, so that you may not fall into sorrow by seeing the perfection in others."
276. "Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor.”
277. "People want you to be happy. If you could untie your wings and free your soul of jealousy, you and everyone around you would fly up like doves."
278. “Be crumbled so wildflowers will come up where you are. You have been stony for too many years. Try something different. Surrender."
279. “Look at the moon in the sky, not the one in the lake.”
280. "When you do things from your Soul, you feel a river moving you, a joy."
281. "Whatever lifts the corners of your mouth, trust that.”
282. “Do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know the side you are used to is better than the one to come?”
283. “Smiles come best from those who weep.”
Rumi Quotes On Friendship
284. "If you are looking for a friend who is faultless, you will be friendless."
285. “Like a sculptor, if necessary, carve a friend out of stone. Realize that your inner sight is blind and try to see a treasure in everyone.”
286. “Be with those who help your being.”
287. “Friend, our closeness is this: anywhere you put your foot, feel me in the firmness under you.”
288. "The one who has a good friend doesn’t need any mirror."
289. “There is nothing I want but your presence. In friendship, time dissolves. Life is a cup. This connection is pure wine. What else are cups for?"
290. “Friendship and loyalty have patience as the strength of their connection. Feeling lonely and ignoble indicates that you haven't been patient.”
291. “From myself, I am copper, through you, friend, I am gold. From myself, I'm a stone, but through you I am a gem!”
292. "Set your life on fire. Seek those who fan the flames."
293. “Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.”
294. “Always search for your innermost nature in those you are with, as rose oil imbibes from roses.”
295. “Stay with friends who support you in these. Talk with them about sacred texts, and how you are doing, and how they are doing, and keep your practices together.”
296. “I love my friends neither with my heart nor with my mind. Just in case... Heart might stop. Mind can forget. I love them with my soul. Soul never stops or forgets.”
297. “Many actions which seem cruel are from a deep friendship. Many demolitions are actually renovations.”
298. "What draws friends together does not conform to the laws of nature."
299. “The connection to the Friend is secret and very fragile. The image of the Friendship is in how you love, the grace and the delicacy, the subtle talking together in full prostration, outside of time. When you are there, remember the fierce courtesy of the one with you.”
300. “Once you have met a true human being, let him not disappear from the horizon of your heart.”
Rumi Quotes On Peace
301. "Peaceful is the one who is not concerned with having more or less."
302. “Don't try to put out a fire by throwing on more fire.”
303. “The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.”
304. “You were sent to unite people. You have not been sent to divide people.”
305. "That which is false troubles the heart, but truth brings joyous tranquility."
306. "Look past your thoughts so you may drink the pure nectar of this moment."
307. “My dear heart, never think you are better than others. Listen to their sorrows with compassion. If you want peace, don't harbor bad thoughts, do not gossip and don't teach what you do not know.”
308. "Don’t make yourself miserable with what is to come or not to come."
309. "When you lose all sense of self the bonds of a thousand chains will vanish."
310. “Be still! Be quiet! Find acquaintance with silence. Go inside, delve into your heart. Take a day off from the clamour.”
311. "Be empty of worrying. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?"
More for You on YourTango:
Caroline Smith is a writer who covers trending topics, astrology, pop culture, and relationships.