The unthinkable has happened. You’ve been in a relationship and out of nowhere — or maybe you had suspicions — you find out your S.O. has been cheating on you.
You are completely broken. You gave them everything, you put all of your trust in them. It's hard to understand how they could do this to you. Why would they turn to someone else? How much of your relationship was real — and how much was a total lie.
How did you ever trust them? And now, how can you learn to trust again after their cheating has you questioning yourself and your own judgment?
You watch every sad rom-com you can find. God forbid you come across a movie with a cheater in it. Your popcorn will be all over the floor as you weep. This is horrible.
Then you look everywhere for answers. It's hard to know where to go for support when you're feeling so devastated and alone. But looking to these trust after cheating quotes can help you get over the person who cheated on you, rebuild your confidence and remind you how to rebuild your trust in others and in yourself.
RELATED: The Real Reason Why Cheaters Come Back (And Why You Can’t Let Them!)
You will trust and love again — and finding some comfort in these trust after cheating quotes can be a first step toward doing that.
1. "Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever repair."
2. "God can restore what is broken and change it into something amazing. All you need is faith."
3. "Always trust your gut. It knows what your head hasn’t yet figured out."
4. "Sometimes, we have to be broken down so that we can be rebuilt into what we’re actually meant to be."
5. "Trusting you is my decision. Proving me right is your choice."
6. “The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones. They erode our strength, our self-esteem, our very foundation.” — Cheryl Hughes
7. "Sometimes we expect more from others because we would be willing to do that much for them."
8. "Don't get mad. Don't get even. Do better. Much better. Rise above. Become so engulfed in your own success that you forget it ever happened."
RELATED: 120 Trust Quotes That Prove Trust Is Everything In Relationships Of All Kinds
9. "I don't trust words, I trust actions."
10. "When something is gone, something better is coming."
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Join now for YourTango's trending articles, top expert advice and personal horoscopes delivered straight to your inbox each morning.
11. "Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."
12. “When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.”― Cheryl Hughes
13. "Stop cheating on your future with your past."
14. "Don’t let insecure thoughts ruin something amazing."
15. "And suddenly you just know it’s time to start something new and trust the magic’s beginning." — Mandy Hale
16. "Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there’s no reason to continue."
RELATED: 75 Songs About Betrayal For Anyone Who's Been Betrayed
More for You on YourTango:
Kelcey Connors is a frequent contributor to YourTango.