When you are trying to let go of a toxic relationship, some inspirational quotes for letting go of someone who doesn't want you might be just the thing to help you do so.
When you are wondering if you can let go of someone who is treating you badly, do you believe that the words of others might provide you with the support and guidance that you need? Because they can.
When you know that the words of someone who has been where you are now and come out the other side happier, stronger and clearer, will you be inspired to believe that the same could happen for you? Because you should.
You can find the strength to do what it is you need to do by really listening to those who know.
Here are 15 inspirational quotes for letting go of someone who doesn't want you
1. "Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny." - Steve Maraboli
2. "Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it." - Ann Landers
3. "Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for." - Mandy Hale
4. "If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go." - Sarah Dessen
5. "I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become." – Carl Jung
6. "If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them." – Michael Bassey Johnson
7. "Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity, and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose upsides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow." – Tony Schwartz
8. "Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!" – Steve Maraboli
9. "Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future." – Daphne Rose Kingma
10. "Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care, but because they don’t." - Anon
11. "People don’t care for you when you are alone. They just care for you when they are alone." - Anon
12. "If you want to live, stop asking permission, do it now and regret later." - Anon
13. "A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass, if you stay you will keep hurting…If you walk away, you will hurt but eventually you will heal." – Autumn Kohler
14. "Like arsenic, toxic people will slowly kill you. They kill your positive spirit and play with your mind and emotions. The only cure is to let them go." – Denisse Lisseth
15. "I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain." – James Baldwin
Bonus: "Because you simply cannot draw these things out forever. At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid and it hurts, but then it’s over and you’re relieved." – John Green
So there go you - 15 inspirational "letting go of someone who doesn't want you" quotes.
Here's to hoping that these quotes will help you to make the decision that you need to make, to help you manage the pain, and to know that there is a light at the end of the rainbow.
Because there is. You just need to take that first step towards it.
Always remember that you can do it, especially if you listen to those who have already been there.
More for You on YourTango:
Mitzi Bockmann is an NYC-based, certified life and love coach. Let her help you find, and keep, love in this crazy world in which we live. Email her at email@example.com and get started!
This article was originally published at Let Your Dreams Begin. Reprinted with permission from the author.