Missing someone — and I mean really, really missing someone — is one of the worst feelings, plain and simple.
That person could be gone for one day or a few weeks and it can still feel like an eternity. And let me tell you, when you start to miss someone as soon as they leave, you’ve got it bad.
It doesn’t matter if you fall in love easily or if it takes you months just to give a guy your phone number — when you finally find someone who is your best friend and significant other all rolled into one, you know that someone is special.
Deep love like this means a lot of things; you have a more positive outlook on life, you are willing to try new things (as long as your man does, too), and you start thinking about the future, even if the idea growing old together used to freak you out.
Being this connected to a person can also mean that missing them almost feels like a broken heart, which is where these missing you with all of your heart quotes come in handy.
Sure, texting and video chatting can work to an extent, but there really is nothing that can compare to actually being with your love — especially when you miss them so much.
That isn’t to say that you shouldn’t text or call your significant other when you miss them. When it comes to making long-distance relationships work, and even in just times when the two of you live nearby can’t be together for a long time, communication is key.
Whether you want to get naughty over FaceTime or just call and text each other to talk about your day, communication is what makes missing someone you love not seem as bad (almost).
For all those times when communication just doesn’t seem like enough, the best love and life quotes can put words to your feelings and make it easier to deal with until you can see him again.
Missing someone might seem like it’s more than you can handle, but looking forward to the next time you can be together (instead of feeling hopeless because you’re lonely now) is the best way to cheer you both up.
Of course, sending him a few pictures to remind him what he’s missing doesn’t hurt (wink, wink) ...
If you're missing someone you love, here are 15 "I miss you" quotes to send in sweet texts and remind him or her how much you care.
1. "One of your hugs would be nice right now."
2. "Missing you comes in waves and tonight I'm drowning." — Chris Young, "Missing You"
3. "You know you really miss someone when you crave something so simple such as the sound of their voice."
4. "I miss your face. Among other things ... wink, wink."
5. "I get butterflies just thinking about the next time I'll see you."
6. "I'm in my bed, you're in your bed. One of us is in the wrong place."
7. "A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you."
8. "It doesn't matter where I am. I'm yours."
9. "Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart." — Kay Knudsen
10. "When I'm with you, hours feel like seconds. But when we're apart, days feel like years."
11. "Even if I spent the whole day with you, I will still miss you the second you leave."
12. "You're worth every mile between us!"
13. "If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you."
14. "I wish I could teleport to you ..."
15. "Missing someone is your heart's way of reminding you that you love them."
16. “Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
17. “When you are missing someone, times seems to move slower, and when I’m falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.” — Taylor Swift
18. “Nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” — Calla Quinn
19. “Your memory feels like home to me. So, whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you.” — Ranata Suzuki
20. “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” — John Cena
21. “No matter where you go you will always be in my heart.” — Anthony T. Hincks
22. “Missing someone is a part of loving. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.” — Gustave Flaubert
23. “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” — Claudia Adrienne Grandi
24. “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that this someone awakens. — Luigina Sgarro
25. “I miss your voice because it is your symphony; your scent because it is a treasure; your smile because it is a jewel; your hug because it is a masterpiece; and your kiss because it is a miracle.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
26. “Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle. Everything I do stitched with its color.” — W.S. Merwin
27. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you have someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” — Nikki Schiefelbien
28. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” — Nicholas Sparks
29. “The joy of meeting pays the pangs of absence; else who could bear it?” — Nicholas Rowe
30. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” — Unarine Ramaru
31. “Missing someone gets easier every day because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.”
32. “I think of you with every waking moment of my life and dream of you with every dream that I have; I miss you.” — Kong Moua
33. “A true lover is someone who walks a million miles just to be with the one he loves no matter the obstacles in the way.” — Francis Ackah-Blay
34. “I am summer yearning for a drop of your rain.” — Gemma Troy
35. “You’re everywhere except right here and it hurts.”— Rupi Kaur
36. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” — Gemma Troy
37. “I wake to you everywhere yet you are not here.” — Reach
38. “For when the cold winds blow, I will close my eyes calmly, knowing I am anchored to you.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
39. “It is lonely here and I miss your light.” — Ranata Suzuki
40. “Dreaming of you is my greatest escape.” — Perry Poetry
41. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
42. “My love is selfish. I cannot breathe without you.” — John Keats
43. “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds, but I think of you always in those intervals.” — Salvador Plascencia
44. “I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.” — J.M. Storm
45. “I only miss you when I’m breathing.”
46. “How strange to dream of you even when I’m wide awake.” — David Jones
47. “They said, ‘write the longest sentence you know’, I wrote, ‘a life without you.’” — Cameron Lincoln
48. “Half of me is missing … and the other half is missing you.” — Ranata Suzuki
49. “Not a day goes by that I don’t look at your picture and smile. Or cry. Or both.” — Dean Jackson
50. “We only part to meet again.” — John Gay
51. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — Winnie the Pooh
52. “The pain of missing you, is a beautiful reminder, of the joy of loving you.” — Dean Jackson
53. “Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven.” — Tryon Edwards
54. “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” — Hans Nouwens
55. “I think about you constantly whether it’s with my mind or my heart.” — Terri Guillemets
56. “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” — Munia Khan
57. “You left, and my heart is a ceaseless sermon of loneliness.” — Jaesse Tyler
58. “No distance of place, or lapse of time, can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” — Robert Southey
59. “The eternal quest of the individual human being, is to shatter his loneliness.” — Norman Cousins
60. “Another day, another pang that you are far.” — Byron Caldwell Smith
61. “The scariest thing about distance is you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget about you.” — Jan Sardi
62. “My world is thinning and it’s all because of one person I’m missing.” — Sanober Khan
63. “I can’t close my eyes without seeing you in my dreams.” — Luke Bryan
64. “Absence from whom we love is worse than death and frustrates hope severer than despair.” — William Cowper
65. “I miss him in so many ways, but right now I miss him in the way you always miss someone when you’re single among a room full of couples.” — Emily Giffin
66. “Love reckons hours for months, and days for years, and every little absence is an age.” — John Dryden
67. “Ever absent, ever near; Still I see thee, still I hear; Yet I cannot reach thee, dear!” — Francis Kazinczy
68. “I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, terribly.” — Franz Kafka
69. “Trees quiet without the birds, my heart quiet without you.” — Terri Guillemets
70. “A hug for you means I need you, a kiss for you means I love you, a call for you means I’m missing you.” — Beth Obedoza
71. “Listening to your heartbeats I would fall asleep; I miss it now.” — Avijeet Das
72. “You never love someone as much as you miss them.” — John Green
73. “A key to keeping your husband is getting him to miss you. That keeps a marriage fresh.” — Tori Amos
74. “The world is very quiet without you around.” — Lemony Snicket
75. “When you are not at hand to kiss away my fears, I cannot choose but be wrenched.” — Byron Caldwell Smith
76. “When I was young I didn’t understand, but now, I know, how absence can be present, like a damaged nerve, like a dark bird.” — Audrey Niffenegger
77. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” — Richard Wilbur
78. “There’s solace in the thought that I will never finish missing her.” — Jim Crace
79. “Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” — Richard Bach
80. “The best part of missing you is I recall every single moment spent with you, the worst part is I miss you so badly.” — Mr. Sid
81. “Missing you is flashes of our past and fantasies of our future with the hard irony of the absence of our present as present occurs.” — Zhi
82. “My mind is still having trouble wrapping itself around the fact that you are gone.” — Katherine Mullin
83. “My world is a million shattered pieces put together, glued by my tears, where each piece is nothing but a reflection of you.” — Sanhita Baruah
84. “I’m still missing you.” — Tegan Quin
85. “We’ll meet again but you’re a lifetime away and I need you now.” — Karen Quan
86. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can play together all night.” — Bill Watterson
87. “I miss everything about you after all the things we’ve been through.” — Colbie Caillat
88. “Separation isn’t time or distance. It’s the bridge between us; finer than silk thread, sharper than swords.” — Nazim Hikmet
89. “I felt I was leaving a piece of my soul behind the moment you left. And every second that passes, I miss you like that, times a million.” — J.A. Hass
90. “Sometimes I miss you so much, it hurts. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart with the strength of the entire world.” — Colleen Hoover
91. “I miss you once I wake up and I miss you once I fall asleep. I wish that we could always be together.” — Greg Rokozy
92. “You don’t have to be a thousand miles from me for me to miss you.” — Lesly Juarez
93. “There is not a single moment in any day that I do not find myself missing you.” — Allef Vinicius
94. “You are always the first thought in my head when I wake up in the morning. That is how much I miss you.” — Alexander Krivitskiy
95. “You know you really miss someone when you crave something so simple such as the sound of their voice.” — Hunter Johnson
96. “I miss you a little too much, a little too often, and a little more each and every day.” — Joao Silas
97. “Thinking of you every second, minute, hour, day, is medication to my illness of missing you.” — Evan Dvorkin
98. “We always create priceless memories together. I can’t wait for new ones! I miss you and I am waiting for you.”
99. “Life tries to tear us apart, but our connection isn’t physical, it’s spiritual.” — Omar Lopez
100. “When I close my eyes, I see you. When I open my eyes, I miss you.”
101. “I miss you more than the deserts miss the rain.” — Joseph Pearson
102. “You may be out of sight, but never out of mind. I miss you!” — Simon Maage
103. “Hearing the words ‘I miss you’ from the right person is an amazing feeling.” — Pixi Bay
104. “I wish for you the wisdom to realize that it’s okay to miss something, but not want it back.” — Steve Maraboli
105. “Every ray of sunshine, every drop of rain, every tear that falls, you are with me for I carry you in my heart forever.” — Heather Wolf
106. “I wonder if that’s just how it feels to miss someone so bad — like being stabbed in the gut a little bit, each time you think of them.” — Kate Ellison
107. “What a wonderful sadness to miss the one you have loved forever, it seems, and know that she is waiting home.” — Dan Groat
108. “I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.” — Josephine Angelini
109. “I need to stop running back to you in my mind all the time, but I just can’t help it.” — Ranata Suzuki
110. “Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.” — Dee King
111. “Where you used to be there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime and falling in at night.” — Edna Vincent
112. “She sits there and feels the loneliness and the lack of him.” — Maggie O’Farrell
113. “Listen to the sunset, see it’s pretty hue. When you see it, think of me, and I’ll think of you.” — Oksana Rus
114. “Very often I realize that the time people spend apart is as important in maintaining relationships as the time they spend together.” — Joyce Rachelle
115. “I miss that feeling of connection. Knowing that he was out there thinking about me at the same time I was thinking about him.” — Ranata Suzuki
116. “I think of you every day and the intensity does not change.”
117. “Goodbyes are never the end; it just means that I will miss you until we are together again.”
118. “It doesn’t matter where I am, I’m yours.”
119. "I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you."
Emily Ratay is a full-time writer living in Pittsburgh who's passionate about the environment and feminism, and knows that anything is possible in the right pair of shoes.
More for You on YourTango:
Lindsey Matthews is a writer who covers love and relationships, news, and pop-culture topics.